The Gwyn Hall was built in 1887 as a concert hall on land given by local businessman Howell Gwyn and the fine architectural detail and the value to the Neath townscape led to it being given a Grade 2 listing by CADW in 1989.
Such was the enormous affection that the Gwyn Hall has for the people of the region and it’s historical importance the decision was made by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council to refurbish the building and to create a state-of-the-art community arts facility. Around £10m was spent creating a new glass-fronted arts centre includes a 395-seat theatre, a 73-seat cinema, a dance and rehearsal studio, and a cafe and bar.
Savage and Gray Design were commissioned to provide brand styling, graphic design and marketing services for the Hall, including creation of logo, season brochure, press advertising, posters, flyers, the opening gala programme for the launch of the venue and online presence (including a multi-venue CMS website to not only house Gwyn Hall but also Pontardawe Arts Centre and Princess Royal Theatre, as well local community arts and special events) . The branding was also applied to interior and exterior signage, and the brand palette used on furnishings throughout the Hall.